How to find, engage and retain your nonprofit donors
“I don’t want a gift, I want a giver.” -Kim Klein, (Founder, Grassroots Fundraising Journal)
You may say, “Well, I don’t know any rich people who could become donors” but you’ve got it all backwards. What do I mean?
Did you know that the most generous people are statistically those who make under $100,000 per year?
You already know people in your community who could donate to your nonprofit. And this course shows you how to find them.
Are you worried that most of your donors are inactive?
This e-course shows you how to find new donors and cultivate your existing donors. You’ll learn how to communicate more effectively to your donors, build your email list and more.
This e-course is a smart investment in your fundraising program.
Because did you know that over 72% of funding comes from individuals?
When you follow the tips outlined in this e-course, you’ll learn how to develop new donor relationships.
Finding New Donors Course Outline
Week 1: Places to find new donors offline
- How to have a successful speaking engagement for more donors
- 9 new places to find donors offline
- Buying potential donor mailing lists: How do you vet the list? How can you use the list?
- Churches and other faithbased institutions
- Smart partnerships with complementary service providers
Week 2: Creating Donors From Your Volunteers
- Making a special appeal to volunteers
- Volunteers and Workplace giving
- Asking volunteers to make connections for you
- Stewarding your volunteers towards larger gifts
Week 3: Finding New Corporate Donors
- Finding the most charitable corporations
- Creating connections that lead to long term relationships
- Sponsorships and so much more
Week 4: Finding New Donors Online
- What are 4 effective ways of building your email list?
- When to email and mail your list?
- How often to mail and email your list?
- Touching your potential donors multiple times
- How does transparency raise you more money?
The following bonus materials are included with this E-course
- Diagram to help you find new donors
- Sample compelling online form to help you build your email list, PLUS
PLUS: A recorded webinar on finding new donors ($87 value)
AND a Recorded webinar on KEEPING your donors once you find them. ($77 value)
When you buy this product, you will be placed on an email list that will email you the product, one week at a time. You will not be placed on any other list, and once the course is over you will get no further emails from us.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an E-course?
An e-course is written material, sent to you every week, in a printable format. It will also include a recorded webinar. We created this format so that you can go at your own pace, and fit the e-course into your busy schedule.
Want to see a sample?Here’s a sample of the e-course.
Is it live?
One person asked, is it a live webinar that I’ll need to login to attend? It is not a live webinar. Because of everyone’s busy schedules, we are making this e-course of written material, plus a recorded webinar, so that you can learn this information exactly when it is convenient for you.
How long will the course take me to complete?
The course will take roughly 2 hours a week. There’s also two recorded webinars that may take a little more time.
Will there be printable materials?
Yes! Every week you will get an email with an attached pdf that you can print and put into a binder.
Will there be any opportunities to ask questions?
Absolutely! You can email me unlimited emails for the duration of the course.
Will there be practice exercises to complete?
Yes, there will be practice exercises to complete. I include worksheets and templates in all of my webinars and e-courses. I believe that if you apply your learning instantly, then it sticks!
Is there a money-back guarantee?
YES! If you are not satisfied for any reason, I offer a lifetime money-back guarantee.
About the trainer:
Mazarine Treyz, BA, (Bard College), is the author of the popular Wild Woman’s Guide to Fundraising. Her book was named as one of the Top 10 books of 2010 by Beth Kanter, CEO of Zoetica and author of The Networked Nonprofit.
In 2003 Mazarine wrote her first grants for Indonesian nonprofit Yayasan Emmanuel. In 2005 she co-founded a nonprofit called “The Moon Balloon Project” on the south shore of Boston, MA. Since that time she has helped nonprofits all over the world raise millions with appeals, emails, grants, sponsorships, and more.
She has trained over 14,000 people from 2011 to 2016 in successful fundraising tactics.
- The Kitsap Foundation Center for Nonprofit Excellence
- Association of Donor Relations Professionals
- MidValley Development Professionals
- National Fundraising Convention, London, UK
- BirdsCaribbean, Jamaica
- Association of Fundraising Professionals
- GuideStar now Bonterra
- National SBA Small Business Week
- Oregon SBDC
- Willamette Valley Development Officers
- The Scleroderma Foundation National Leadership Conference
- Meals on Wheels National training seminars and conference
- University of Portland’s Master’s in Nonprofit Management program
- And many others.