Are you looking to be more assertive in your work? Elaine Lou Cartas, first generation female fundraiser, helps us see how to be more assertive in asking for a gift, as well as how to have those challenging conversations at work to help you move ahead!
Check out this interview with Elaine Lou Cartas and let me know what you think in the comments!
My biggest takeaway from this interview was: Conflict is an opportunity!
You’ve got to check out her scripts for salary negotiation, AND her raise script too! She has
– 8 word-to-word scripts to have challenging conversations
– Salary raise script she used to get a $12k raise in 20 minutes
Some questions we answer in this short interview are:
1. What unique challenges do first generation women face in the nonprofit workplace?
2. How have you personally been challenged and what did you learn from it?
3. When you look at our profession, what do you see?
4. When leaders try to retain first generation women, what do you see them do? What do you think works? What do you think doesn’t work?
Listen to the salary negotiation session the online Career Conference March 25th and 26th, 2022
Here’s a raise conversation script you can use in salary negotiation
“Thank you for taking time to talk with me today. I really enjoy being part of our team and appreciate your coaching in helping me become a strong contributor. I’m especially proud of the role I’ve played in helping exceed the fundraising goals for _ which is a high priority for ___.
I’d like to talk with you today about my increasing role and responsibilities within the team and how that is reflected in my salary. According to my research, the market rate for a with my education and demonstrated skill set in the region is $__ – $______ per year. I’d like to be considered for a raise that will bring me into this range.”
(Note: You are currently and make $________)
If you want to learn more about salary negotiation this year, come to the online career conference March 25th and 26th, 2022.
Want to learn more about how to move on up at work and negotiate more of what you want?
AND go here to peruse our shop!