Are you wondering how to get ahead in your nonprofit career? You need a nonprofit career path guide! Once you read this guide, you’ll be able to track your progress and help each career move look intentional and useful in the next stage that you want to go to. For example, if you don’t know where you want to go, this guide will help you find and align with your values. Or if you don’t know who to talk with, this guide will help you figure out who to talk with, and HOW to talk with them.
Getting your resume out but not getting interviews? This nonprofit career path guide can help.
Do you know there are things you need to do to get to that next job, but you’re not sure how to look good enough to the hiring manager?
It’s difficult to know what to do. So many of us just get dropped into this job, without knowing what comes next.
That’s why fundraising recruiter (and 10+ year fundraising veteran) Phil Gerard and Mazarine Treyz have created a nonprofit career path guide for you. In this nonprofit career pathing model, you’ll see what a first job in fundraising will typically require, what a subsequent job in fundraising will need from you, and how to stretch your skills or experiences to get the job after that. This plan can be customized depending on the path you want to follow in fundraising.
How do you know what path you want to follow in fundraising?
This nonprofit career path ebook will help you see:
- Different job titles in fundraising with the traits you should have for each one,
- A list of fundraising job specializations
- Values list to help you find your right organization or cause
- Networking notebook to help you interview people at different nonprofits you’re looking at working at, to see which one you’d like best.
- Sample good questions to ask in these interviews
- Recently updated for the latest job titles in fundraising (they can get VERY specific!)
- Brand new networking scripts to help you show busy managers you can solve their problems, FAST.
This is just a tiny taste of what we have to offer.
If you’d like a more in-depth guide to fundraising careers, check out Get the Job! Your Fundraising Career Empowerment Guide
AND if you’d like support, step by step, to get a better job in fundraising or other places, book a call and let’s chat!
Watch this playlist with short videos on how to break into the fundraising field, edit your resume and cover letter to get interviews, and then how to ace the interview too!